Monday, March 9, 2009

Wishful Thinking

I knew it was too good to be true. My trip began over 24 hours ago in Los Angeles. I departed Los Angeles International Airport at 10 pm on March the 7th first for Paris. The state of the economy being what it is, all of the airlines were having Business Class sales. I couldn't resist. What a difference. I slept like a baby all the way across the Atlantic where I awoke in Paris.
My connection times for my flights to Cairo were tight. I was sure I'd miss a connection, especially since I was going through two of the world's more notoriously negligent airports in the world; De Gaulle and Venzelios in Athens. But.....I made it. 17 hours door to door touching down in 3 countries in route and here I am...........without my god damned luggage. So me and my one pair of shorts, two t-shirts, and one pair of dirty pants are praying for a miracle. I really never expected the bag to make it in the first place. But it sure would be nice. Im off to find me some Egyptian duds.

No comments:

Post a Comment