Sunday, March 8, 2009

Transiting

After an hour of trying to translate Facebook French into Facebook English here I am, fluh, and happy with a lovely cup of top notch bordeaux in Charles De Gaulle aiport waiting for my late flight to Athens and, the gods permitting, my connection to Cairo which will set me down at 245 a.m. Cairo time.

Leaving the U.S was very stressful. I wondered and aganozied as to whether leaving now was the most prudent move. It was. I am satiated beyone belief to momentarily be able to basque in the stress free enviornment of a European aiport. Of course the Bordeaux may be the culprit there. Ill take it.

A nice time out from the downward spiral of my country may be just what I need, though I yearn for the company of my wife who was selfless enough to know that if I didn't pack my camera and roll for a little while I would lose it.

One tragic note on the creative side. Anyone who has perused my photo galleries may have been able to view some of my black and white infrared images. This is a marvelous film that creates stunningly ethereal images. Thanks in large part to the digital age, and god damned recession that wonderful film, after almost 50 years in production, is gone. Maybe for good. This will be my first ever all digital photo trip. Cheers! Ain't progress grand?

No comments:

Post a Comment